- Closing date
- 30 April 2020
About the role
FutureGov is looking for an experienced technology consultant to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age.
We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by modern, digitally-enabled organisations. We're looking for a technology consultant who can help advise our clients where, when and how to better use technology to achieve this shared mission.
This is a role with plenty of variety, on some of our projects you could be working with our clients helping define a bold and ambitious strategy for an entire organisation. Whilst on another, helping advise teams on specific technology choices to enable a product build to be sustainable.
Responsibilities and mindset
- you'll display a passion and knowledge about technology, knowing what's current but also what’s next, keeping an eye on emerging trends
- you're happy being part of a multidisciplinary team and will want to work closely with other team members and stakeholders to design and create outputs such as strategy documents, roadmaps, blueprints & architecture maps to help define and communicate a delivery plan
- ability to build strong relationships with people, supporting both clients and other members of the team to achieve their full potential
- you're compelled by delivering results and making change happen.
- you're pragmatic and can work at pace, understanding what the smallest thing is to move work forward
- you're a strong communicator and can articulate complex ideas in a clear, engaging way to inform and advise people across an organisation.
- feel comfortable making and guiding effective decisions on projects, explaining clearly how decisions have been reached
- you have a good sense of humour, creating change in the public sector is hard, and you won’t be a person who gives up easily
- experience working with stakeholders in an advisory role to create & implement technical strategies
- interest and experience in at least one programming language (e.g. Ruby/Rails, Python, Java, .Net)
- great communication skills, able to make complex information and ideas accessible to people from different backgrounds
- good understanding of building and working with legacy technology in enterprise environments, including integration methods and strategies
- good understanding of cloud infrastructure toolsets across vendors such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform & Microsoft Azure
- understanding of agile working rather than specific Agile™ frameworks
- understanding of the theory and application of continuous integration/delivery
- experience working across different organisations, ranging in size, from start-ups to big bureaucracies
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative and we'll readily give our time to help your development
- a passionate, fun and lovely team. We regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
- we embed ourselves in organisations to work on site with clients and alongside our users, this involves travel in the UK and occasionally staying overnight when needed
Apply today with your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work. Deadline for applications is 30 April 2020.