- Closing date
- 30 April 2020
About the role
FutureGov is looking for an experienced service designer to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age. We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services, delivered by digitally-enabled modern organisations. Our team is dedicated and passionate about public services designed around the people that use them.
- you'll be working with different types of content and user-led interactions across digital and non-digital channels
- focusing on making testable services and business propositions, not just artefacts
- demonstrate an understanding of the technical side of design well enough to have informed discussions with development teams and other stakeholders
- support new ways of working that reduce costs and deliver better services for users as well as transforming the organisations we work with
- work closely with others to make sure all project work is delivered on time and budget
Your experience and mindset
- have a design-related degree, with senior industry experience. You're someone who understands and helps others to work from a digital perspective
- you'll be a recognised specialist in user centred design having experienced working on all levels of a service, from high-level flows and journeys to the detail of individual parts
- significant experience of working strategically on end to end services, demonstrating improved service outcomes as well as costed savings
- significant experience of planning and leading workshops and engaging multidisciplinary teams with a user-centred design process
- significant experience of making design processes work effectively and influencing working practices and culture to support this
- significant experience of planning, conducting and communicating user research as part of a design process
- significant experience of sketching, prototyping and iterative design
- significant experience of explaining design decisions and communicating ideas in a way that other people understand
- experience of coaching others both through your individual performance and how you influence others in group settings
- be confident in putting forward the case for design to senior stakeholders and service owners. Demonstrating senior client management from sales, and project kick off through to service delivery
- ability to handle constructive criticism of your work and have significant experience of constructively reviewing other people’s work
- experience of working at pace in an agile environment and working in technical and complex environments, both with teams and senior stakeholders
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- we’re collaborative
- we’re a great team, we regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
Working as a Contract FutureGov-er involves travel in the UK as we often work on site for client projects; occasionally staying overnight when needed.
Apply today with your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work. Deadline for applications is 30 April 2020.