- £60k - £80k
- Midlands & North England
- Closing date
- 5th January 2020
About the role
You will be part of the senior delivery team at FutureGov, overseeing a programme of consulting gigs large and small, from one off demonstrator projects through to larger innovation labs. You’ll be responsible for helping to ensure our projects are delivered on time, budget and to high standards. You’ll support the Directors with project resourcing and developing our sales pipeline with new and existing clients.
As a Project Director, you’ll be working at the cutting edge of FutureGov helping us to design, prototype and develop future public services. You will manage a range of diverse projects for our clients and lead multidisciplinary teams to develop ideas and prototype products that solve complex public service problems.
You will have excellent project management and change skills, know when to challenge and when to listen, and be able to come up with and spot good ideas. You will regularly be building relationships with clients at a senior level, and helping them to understand what the future of public services means for them and their organisation.
FutureGov is a team of creative people with a broad mix of design skills, who are passionate about re-designing local public services so that they better meet the needs of those who use them. You don’t need to be a technology expert, although you should be excited about how technology can be used to help make people’s lives better – and this role will be more technology learning than most.
- ensuring projects and change programmes are delivered on time, budget and to high standards, leading multiple agile delivery teams at any one time
- building the forward sales pipeline around digital transformation and innovation programmes, specifically, and more widely around product development
- existing relationships and track record of engaging and working with senior leadership teams across local government specifically
- leading multidisciplinary teams to develop, prototype and implement products that solve complex public service problems.
- leading, rather than managing, digital transformation programmes and digital product projects through to beta and live running
- providing and leading the strategic direction and vision for programmes and projects
- have a strong background and understanding of service design, digital innovation and product development in a public sector sphere
- have solid digital consultancy experience of delivering and leading design and innovation projects and programmes for public sector clients
- bring a range of experience in designing and delivering change within / for large and complex public sector organisations
- be adept at building and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships, helping them to understand what the future of public services means for them and their organisation
- be able to identify potential sales opportunities, be heavily involved in developing sales and development proposals - including the commercial offer, and be able to quickly scope statements of work for clients
- have a deeply analytical mind, comfortable with drawing on qualitative and quantitative information to design strategies and make a persuasive case for change
- be strategically minded, seeing the bigger picture, tell stories and move leaders through a process of decision-making and change
Your experience and mindset
- you’ll have an analytical mind, comfortable with drawing on qualitative and quantitative information to design strategies and make a persuasive case for change
- strategically minded, seeing the bigger picture, tell stories and move leaders through a process of decision-making and change
- a range of experience in designing and delivering change within large and complex organisations
- a track record of planning and managing projects: building relationships with stakeholders, clients, and team members, as well as keeping projects on time and budget
- interest in digital technology and how it can be applied to services and organisations
- the confidence to operate in a fast-paced environment
- the ability to think laterally, to look to the outside for inspiration, and to be creative in developing new solutions
- be willing to travel in the UK and to spend time on site managing the labs projects or undertaking consultancy, and be prepared to stay overnight on occasion
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working to help you function at your best
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- we’re a great team and regularly hang out together - whether that’s our Friday team breakfasts, summer retreats or interest groups to help everyone connect
- everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- we help you make time for the things that matter through generous holiday allowance, pension schemes and paid volunteer days
- drinks and snacks in our studio
Apply today with your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work. Deadline for applications is 05 January 2020.