- Closing date
- 30 April 2020
About the role
FutureGov is looking for an experienced product designer to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age.
We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services delivered by modern, digitally-enabled organisations. Our team is devoted to the process of creating usable products and experiences that support the delivery of services. Delivering solutions into live public services that improve outcomes for users.
We're looking for senior product designers who are confident working on all levels of product, from high-level product strategy and proposition to the details of crafting flows, prototypes, user interactions and interfaces.
Product designers at FutureGov
- care deeply about the user, making sure that prototypes and products are designed to meet their needs and deliver the best possible user experience
- lead a multidisciplinary team and work closely with senior stakeholders to define product propositions based on agreed priorities and service propositions
- enjoy mentoring others and managing members of the team to achieve their full potential
- are compelled by delivery and making change happen, not pixel perfect design. You’re pragmatic and can work at pace, understanding what the smallest thing is to move work forward
- are a strong communicator and storyteller. Can articulate complex ideas in a clear and engaging way to bring people along the journey
- creating change in the public sector is hard, you have a good sense of humour and never ever give up
- can provide recommendations on future information architecture, product architecture and product strategy
Your skills and experience
- experienced at working on all levels of product, from high-level product strategy and proposition to the details of crafting of a flow, prototype, user interaction and interface
- comfortable with creating prototypes to test assumptions and work quickly from sketches towards high-fidelity prototypes that can be iterated rapidly using user and stakeholder feedback
- previous experience working inside a small multi-disciplinary agile team to deliver service-oriented products. Can work closely with other stakeholders to implement design at pace and on time.
- confident working in an open and collaborative environment
- strong interpersonal and line management skills, adept at bringing out the strengths of their team and coaching where appropriate
- creative, can come up with creative ideas to balance great user experience, organisation challenges and technical constraints
- curious and not compromising. Can take local government to be the most creative cultural organisation in the world. Willing to ask questions, experiment and push boundaries.
- is a facilitator. Can work with internal stakeholders in a co-creative and future-oriented way to reach consensus and deliver high-quality outputs
- has an eye in detail. Invest time and energy in crafting high-quality products and user experiences
- interested in all things creative, cultural, digital, design and delivering better services
- Is outcome focused not output focused
- experienced setting up and improving pattern libraries and design systems, incorporating reusable templates, visual, interaction and development components
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative, we'll readily give our time to help your development
- a passionate, fun and lovely team. We regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
- we embed ourselves in organisations to work on-site with clients and alongside our users, this involves travel in the UK and occasionally staying overnight when needed
Apply today with your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work. Deadline for applications is 30 April 2020.