- Closing date
- 29 January 2021
About the role
FutureGov is a team of creative people who are passionate about building 21st-century public sector institutions that are catalysts for change in the internet and climate era. We support organisations with digital transformation, service design and community development, building on the best of places to organise for change and radically improve outcomes for communities in the 21st century.
Over the last three years, FutureGov has gone through a lot of change, growing from a 35 person organisation to a team of 150+. We know that maintaining our culture as we continue to grow and build is central to helping us deliver on our mission and an increasing challenge in a remote or hybrid world.
Reporting to the Resourcing & Operations Manager, the Operations Assistant will work internally to bolster the FutureGov experience, improving the onboarding of contractors across the business. You’ll support our internal team in running processes and aligning them to ensure a smooth end to end experience for our contract community and network of associates.
We’re a Living Wage Employer and encourage applications from women, disabled people, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBTQIA+ candidates, and other underrepresented groups.
Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview, including (but not limited to) verbal instead of written tasks, additional time or interview details to help you prepare. As standard, we email interview tasks and questions in advance of the interview.
If you’d like to understand more about this or anything relating to inclusion at FutureGov, contact our recruitment team.
What is the job?
- liaise with contractors on required information
- draw up contracts for sign off
- Gmail, Harvest, Slack, Miro (any other required systems) set up
- file signed contracts alongside ID/checks/insurance details in dropbox
- welcome emails and induction packs sent
- regular check ins / main point of contract for contractor queries
- keep contractor tracker up to date
- checking all staff and contractors have the correct security clearance
- own spreadsheet to keep up to date for the wider operations team
- manage submitting new security checks for contractors and full time staff
- add team time off to Forecast weekly via report
- liaise with contractors on any time off/annual leave required, updating Forecast as required
When back to office working / travelling:
- travel booking / expenses management
- office manager tasks TBD
Skills and experience (essential):
- excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- ability to manage and coordinate associated management systems
- ability to work on own initiative
- fast learner
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- previous client facing experience is desirable
- ability to recognise and implement required changes to systems and procedures
- can use excel, Word, Gmail etc
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working to help you function at your best
- generous parental leave
- 25 days annual leave allowance excluding bank holidays
- we’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- we’re a great team and regularly hang out together - whether that’s our Friday team breakfasts, summer retreats or interest groups to help everyone connect
- cycle to work scheme
- everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- we help you make time for the things that matter through generous holiday allowance, pension schemes and paid volunteer days
- drinks and snacks in our studio
Apply today with your CV and cover letter. Successful applicants will be shortlisted for an initial phone screen, if your application is progressed you’ll then complete a formal second stage competency based interview with the Resourcing and Operations Manager.
If you require any adjustments at interview, such as extra time or breaks etc, please let a member of the recruitment team know once they’ve been in touch.
Deadline for applications is 29th January 2021.