- Closing date
- 15 August 2020
About the role
FutureGov is looking for interaction designers to help us on our mission to design public services fit for the digital age. We believe citizens deserve access to user-centred products and services delivered by modern, digitally-enabled organisations. Our team is devoted to the process of creating usable products and experiences that support the delivery of services. Delivering solutions into live public services that improve outcomes for users.
We're looking for people who are confident and have experience of designing user interactions, and detailed user interfaces for public services, including prototyping in code (ideally with experience of working with government design systems).
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about inclusion at FutureGov, contact Faith.
- design user interfaces, flows and interactions for products and services
- create, test and iterate prototypes to meet user needs and deliver the best possible user experience
- work with different types of content and user-led interactions
- work on all high-level product flows as well as the fine detail of individual parts
- understand the technical side of design, working with agile delivery teams
- focus on making working software, not just artefacts describing software
- work closely with others to make sure that projects are delivered to the brief and on time and budget
- work with, and contribute to shared design systems, and pattern libraries
- happy to travel to client sites as and when necessary
Your experience and mindset
- have experience of quickly visualising ideas, user flows, and solutions, including sketching and prototyping
- have experience of translating research and insights into beautifully designed, accessible solutions
- have experience of supporting meetings, and workshops, confidently showing and demonstrating work when required
- have experience of transferring skills and knowledge to others through pairing, share sessions or coaching and mentoring on projects
- able to show how you have constructively supported others with feedback and creative and technical input
- have contributed to design patterns and standards, identifying common interactions and user flows
- able to work at pace using agile methods in technical and complex environments
- be confident enough to speak and write about your work
Apply today with your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work. Deadline for applications is 15 August 2020.