- Day rate
- UK wide
- Closing date
- 30 November 2020
FutureGov is a team of creative people with a broad mix of design skills who are passionate about redesigning local public services so that they better meet the needs of those who use them. Our communications and marketing team ensure that our stories continue to be heard and make a lasting impact on our teams, our clients and the communities we serve.
Working closely with the external communications and engagement lead and as part of a wider communications and engagement community, your role will shape and deliver the large-scale and ambitious integrated marketing activity for our client - from planning to delivery - in a time of change. You’ll manage the forward plan of activity, work closely with a range of stakeholders and help us develop and deliver engaging and compelling content and approaches that support our client to reach public audiences wherever they are - online or offline. You’ll have the opportunity to showcase your integrated marketing, planning and delivery skills in an arena with big impact for public sector change.
You’ll further develop your understanding of integrated marketing strategy and delivery alongside your domain knowledge of the public sector, supporting a client’s organisational voice. As part of the project team, you’ll work closely with the client to understand their work and create tailored plans, content and approaches to transmit the organisation’s ambition externally, providing vital information in a timely and creative way. With FutureGov, you’ll work alongside some of the most prominent minds in the industry, for a company that is organising for change with and for 21st-century organisations.
You will be a detail-focused person and a creative thinker who understands the power of a plan, story and the impact of engaging marketing campaigns, both in a targeted way and in high traffic locations online and offline. You’ll be passionate about the importance of integrated marketing and enjoy the process of learning and working alongside others to deliver impactful work in a complex and fast-paced environment. You’ll have experience of integrated marketing project/campaign management and be able to advise on best practice, while bringing others with you. Adaptable and organised individuals who are confident and responsive to change will be welcomed by a company who values contribution from the team, diversity of thought and integrity.
What is the job?
- quickly understanding the ambitious integrated marketing needs of the client, and the opportunities and constraints that they and we’re working within in a period of change
- developing tailored and creative marketing approaches and campaigns across multiple channels (including but not limited to print, digital and high visibility) to reach key external audiences, and developing and managing the marketing plan to enable this
- working across the organisation to ensure the correct use of branding
- working with external organisations, such as those providing direct marketing and high visibility platforms, to establish opportunities and manage relationships
- working with colleagues to ensure all key internal stakeholders are aware of and/or involved in planning as required
- task managing the outputs needed from other team members as required, while being responsible for managing their delivery
- tracking response and sharing metrics, insight and recommendations for approaches
- providing written and verbal updates on progress and recommendations for iteration
- developing and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships with clients and with their stakeholders as required
- ensuring that content flows from a central strategy and/or narrative and is of a high quality and accuracy
- supporting wider marketing and communications needs as required
- providing a skills transfer, supporting others to develop and hone their abilities and confidence in these areas
You will have:
- experience of shaping and delivering integrated marketing campaigns, from the planning to review stages
- experience of developing and/or managing a plan /grid of key milestones and action required to enable strong integrated marketing activity
- experience of desk-based research to map the right integrated marketing opportunities
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good relationships with key stakeholders at a range of levels
- the ability to summarise and translate complex work into compelling written content
- experience of public-facing copywriting ideally in at least some of the following areas: website copy; social media; direct mail; and high visibility campaigns
- experience of running targeted social media and digital marketing campaigns and a familiarity with major platforms
- the ability to project manage, ensuring that content and activity is delivered on time and to a high standard
- strong copy editing skills and an eye for detail
- experience of developing content and approaches to align with a wider communications, marketing and engagement strategy
- experience of using data insight and metrics to track results
- the ability to work to and thrive on a deadline
- the ability to navigate a complex, fast-paced environment, and experience of this
- the ability to share your skills with others, and ideally experience of this
- problem solving skills and a proactive approach
Contract: Full-time, fixed-term contract until 24th December 2020 with the possibility of extension
Location: This role will predominantly be home based, with flexible working options and occasional travel to the client office (Covid-19 dependent)
Availability: Need to be available to start ASAP (within 2 weeks)