- £45 - £60k
- Closing date
- 30 November 2020
About the role
For over a decade we’ve helped more than a hundred local and national authorities across four continents think differently about public services. We’re looking for people who know how to combine strategy, user insight, analysis and organisational design to create better public services. Creating change in challenging environments is never easy, we need people by our side who share our passion to design things for the better.
As our impact and business case specialist you’ll be responsible for leading (or supporting) business case development, impact measurement and developing financial models as part of digital transformational programs or service design projects for the public sector in the UK and Europe.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about inclusion at FutureGov, contact our recruitment team.
- build a detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis including outlining assumptions to evaluate the economic value of decisions, and make a case for change
- conduct and analyse primary and secondary research, which will shape the development of strategic recommendations
- work with clients to determine which data points are required for future assessments, considering the cost versus benefit for capturing data
- facilitate the development of outcomes frameworks and theories of change for crucial interventions
- help develop and grow capabilities within business case preparation and impact measurement
Your experience and mindset
Some local or central government experience is preferred and consulting roles across wider sectors is also useful.
- experience in developing business cases of some kind, ideally undertaken costs and benefit analysis for internal reporting or capital purchasing purposes
- proficient in excel
- excellent at identifying critical risks, understanding how organisations work
- passionate about making a social difference and excited about digitally transforming the public sector
- know how to turn complex overload into manageable change and actions
- experience in building excellent relationships with clients
- politically, socially and financially savvy
- have a creative and inspirational mind and enjoy complex challenges
- display empathy towards a wide range of users
- excellent communication skills and comfortable speaking to senior managers as much as front line workers and the public
- comfortable working across teams and independently, and can manage a variety of different projects simultaneously
- lead by example, are self-aware, emotionally intelligent and calm under pressure
Experience of working in digital and alongside a service design team would be great, but not mandatory. Most importantly you’ll have a real determination to transform public services.
Apply today with your CV and cover letter. Deadline for applications is 30 November 2020.