- Closing date
- 29 January 2021
About the role
FutureGov is a team of creative people who are passionate about building 21st-century public sector institutions that are catalysts for change in the internet and climate era. We support organisations with digital transformation, service design and community development, building on the best of places to organise for change and radically improve outcomes for communities in the 21st century.
Over the last three years, FutureGov has gone through a lot of change, growing from a 35 person organisation to a team of 150+. We know that maintaining our culture as we continue to grow and build is central to helping us deliver on our mission and an increasing challenge in a remote or hybrid world.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Finance Assistant will work internally to support our day-to-day transactions, including expenses. This includes responsibilities spanning the processing of payments, maintaining cost reports and managing invoices. You’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and make sure we use our resources beneficially.
We’re a Living Wage Employer. We encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and underrepresented groups. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about this or anything relating to inclusion at FutureGov, contact Faith from the people team.
What is the job?
- update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- assist with reconciliation of some balance sheets accounts
- track and reconcile multiple bank statements, including foreign currency accounts
- create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- raising sales invoices and maintaining accounts receivable ledger
- posting supplier invoices and follow up with suppliers, clients and partners as needed
- uploading payments to bank accounts in line with supplier payment terms and our payment cycles
- provide administrative support during budget preparation
- participate in quarterly and annual audits where required
- process monthly staff expenses through systems
- assist in the posting of month end journal entries
- any other appropriate duties that arise in the course of maintaining an accurate nominal ledger for reporting purposes.
Skills and experience (essential):
- good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions, having knowledge of Google Suite products is also beneficial
- familiarity with accounting software (e.g. Xero, ReceiptBank)
- organisational and time-management skills
- attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
Skills and experience (desirable):
- work experience as a Finance Assistant or similar role
- part AAT qualified
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working to help you function at your best
- generous parental leave
- 25 days annual leave allowance excluding bank holidays
- we’re collaborative, and will readily give our time to help your development and invest in your training
- we’re a great team and regularly hang out together - whether that’s our Friday team breakfasts, summer retreats or interest groups to help everyone connect
- cycle to work scheme
- everyone has a voice - inclusivity and respect are key to our culture
- we help you make time for the things that matter through generous holiday allowance, pension schemes and paid volunteer days
- drinks and snacks in our studio
Apply today with your CV and cover letter. Successful applicants will be shortlisted for an initial phone screen, if their application is progressed they will then complete a formal second stage competency based interview.
If you require any adjustments at interview, such as extra time or breaks etc, please let a member of the recruitment team know once they’ve been in touch.
Deadline for applications is 29th January 2021.