- Closing date
- 31 March 2020
About the role
As digital innovation (city) lead, you’ll be leading multidisciplinary teams of designers and developers to transform resident facing services across European capital cities. You’ll bring significant experience of working in a variety of public service or social innovation settings and be comfortable in politically led organisations.
You’ll work with a selection of innovative Mayoral teams to help design and deliver services that improve the lives of residents. A good grasp of digital, design and technology is integral and you’ll be comfortable leading senior public servants and politicians through change at a service and organisational level. As a good storyteller, you’ll be able to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
You’ll be comfortable being held accountable for the impact of projects and can seamlessly move between being hands-on and knowing when your time is better spent creating space for your teams to deliver great work. You’ll be willing to work in highly complex organisations and systems finding the right way to communicate our work simply to different audiences.
Responsibilities and mindset
- ensuring projects and change programmes are delivered on time, budget and to high standards while leading multiple agile delivery teams
- leading multidisciplinary teams to develop, prototype and implement products that solve complex public service problems
- leading digital transformation programmes and digital product projects through to beta and live
- setting the strategic direction and vision for programmes and projects
- regular and frequent travel to EU countries with stays of up to two weeks
- be able to identify potential sales opportunities, be heavily involved in developing sales and development proposals, including the commercial offer, and be able to quickly scope statements of work for clients
- strategically-minded by seeing the bigger picture and the ability to move leaders through a process of decision-making and change
- a deeply analytical mind, comfortable with drawing on qualitative and quantitative information to design strategies and make a persuasive case for change
- a strong background and understanding of service design, digital innovation and product development in a public sector sphere
- existing relationships and a track record of engaging and working with senior and elected leaders across local government
- solid digital consultancy experience of delivering and leading design and innovation projects and programmes for public sector clients
- experience in designing and delivering change within/for large and complex public sector organisations
- adept at building and maintaining senior stakeholder relationships, helping them to understand what the future of public services means for them and their organisation
Why work at FutureGov?
- the opportunity to achieve impact in the public sector through your work
- flexible working
- generous parental leave
- we’re collaborative, we'll readily give our time to help your development
- a passionate, fun and lovely team. We regularly hang out together, whether that’s at team retreats, summer and Christmas parties or Friday team breakfasts
Submit a cover letter including
- An example of a project where you’ve lead a multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, strategists and consultants to understand or respond to a complex social issue
- Tell us why you’re passionate about making public services fit for the 21st century