- South West
- Closing date
- 31 August 2020
About the role
We’re looking for creative people experienced in transforming organisations for the better, people who understand how to knit together strategy, user insight, analysis and organisational design to create tangible improvements in service delivery.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the interview. If you’d like to understand more about inclusion at FutureGov, contact Faith.
- lead FutureGov projects/engagements, inspiring the people you work with while delivering to time, quality and budget
- lead the development of strategies and business models which support our clients to decide how and where to innovate
- carry out market analysis during projects which support the case for change and the longer-term impact assessment of our work
- work with service designers to understand and analyse the current service experience, building hypotheses on how we might transform the experience in future
- define organisational change; people, culture, process, systems and structures needed to deliver newly-designed services
- manage client relationships during projects to ensure buy-in at all levels; you should be as comfortable in front of the Chief Executive as you are with front-line workers
- facilitate workshops and labs in ways that create innovative, productive experiences for clients and users
- support the development of FutureGov as a whole, developing our internal ways of working and coaching colleagues in areas of personal expertise
- continuously develop yourself and FutureGov as thought leaders in public service innovation via blog writing, speaking at events, etc
- happy to travel to client sites as and when necessary
Your experience and mindset
What’s most important is that you’ll have a determination to transform public services. Effecting change is challenging, political environments are never easy and we need people by our side who share FutureGov’s passion to design things for the better.
- in the past, you'll have worked on change programmes in local or central government, or in consulting roles across wider sectors
- supported or led engagements with clients
- an understanding of how to build relationships which help both the design and delivery of our ideas
- strong project management skills, ability to collaborate and know when to challenge and when to listen
- an appreciation of technology, as well as design-led and agile ways of working
- ability to translate new service concepts into the practical changes our clients will need to put in place
- not satisfied with just designing the future, you’ll want to stay around until your ideas are implemented
- at least 5 years of project or programme-based delivery is essential
- a good understanding of how organisational strategy, business modelling, and organisational design link together to shape the end-user experience
- a track-record of effecting tangible change in large organisations
An understanding of local and central government and user-led approaches and agile delivery is desirable but not essential.
Apply today with your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work. Deadline for applications is 31 August 2020.